Husband's Name:___________________William Clay Callicott, III_______________________________________
       When Born: ______________3 October 1892_________Where: _________Tate County, MS.______________
       When Died: _________29 March 1939_______________Where: ____Memphis, Shelby County, TN._________
       When Buried: _______30 March 1939_______________Where: _____Coldwater, Tate County, MS._________
       When Married: _______12 August 1916______________Where: _________Tate County, MS.______________
    Other Wives: ________ ________________________________________________________________________
       His Father: _________William Clay Callicott___________His Mother's Maiden Name: _____Ella High_________

Wife's Name:_________Bettile Lackland Eason______________________________________________________
       When Born: _________23 July 1895_________________Where: __________Tate County, MS._____________
       When Died: ________13 December 1969_____________Where: ______Memphis, Shelby County, MS._______
       When Buried: ____________ ______________________Where: ______Coldwater, Tate County, MS.________
    Other Husbands: _____________ ________________________________________________________________
       Her Father: _______William Henry Eason, I____________Her Mother's Maiden Name: ____Mollie Moring_____
In order of birth
When Born
Where Born                   State or
Town or Twp    County     Country
1William Clay, IV1 Dec. 1922MemphisShelbyTNMary Catherine Ford
2    """ 
3    """ 
4    """ 
Clay and his brother, Jester, were sons of William Clay Callicott, II, "Mr. Billy" and his second wife Miss Ella. They grew
up in the old victorian family home in Coldwater. The house sat way back from the street and there was a long sidewalk
leading to it's front porch. Clay and Jeter had an older half-brother, Harry, and a half-sister, Stella. MIss Ella played the
piano. Bettie's niece reports that she taught her to play "Clayton's Grand March" by ear when she was six years old.
Clay worked in his brother's drug store in Memphis until he and Bettie were married. Jeter married Bettie's cousin, Sunshine
Eason. Both couples moved to Memphis. Jeter continued in the drug store business, and Clay began a life-long career as a
motion picture operator. He started off at fifty dollars a week, which was considered a very fine salary in those days. He
became interested in "ham radio" and built his own set, which always occupied one room of their many homes.
Bettie was a compulsive mover, but she was a marvelous cook, a doting wife and mother, so clay counted his blessings and
paid the movers.
Clay died at age forty-six after a long illness. Bettie was a loving nurse. She eventually re-married.

Last Page | Next Page
Content Page | Eason Home Page